cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP system crushed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all

need help to restore our SAP DEV system , the system crushed due to bad sector on the hard disk. i have a full database backup, but the problem is How to restore this backup ?

1- Can i install new system with the same parameters (Hostname, SID,NO) then copy and replace the SIDData1 , SIDData2 , SIDData3 , SIDlog1 and the TempDB with the old one ? if yes , shall i copy the (usr) folder too ?

2-How to recover the system through a backup by sql server management studio ? backup device File on local hard disk.

System Info.

OS windows server 2003

SAP ECC6 (ERP) SR3, (Best Practices, ALL IN ONE)

DB SQL server 2005.

Thanks all

Edited by: Islam Semmary on Dec 11, 2009 6:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can install a new system and use the database from the backup. But, if the storage is fixed (disk with bad sector replaced) you can just restore the database in the same server. From your post I guess you backup to disk (a single backup file) using SQL server tools. From SQL server console you can restore using that file (database -> right click -> tasks -> restore).

I just noticed you last reply. You can restore the backup to another system running the same version of SQL server and then copy the files.

Thanks,

Noe

Edited by: Noe Hoyos on Dec 11, 2009 8:06 PM

Edited by: Noe Hoyos on Dec 11, 2009 8:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Noe for ur help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved and it was very very simple :S , just sad coz it took too much time. Bad sectors recovered by (Hiren's CD).

OS started up normally ,then I started the SAP system. Now am ready for SAP system migration to the new hardware through System copy

Thanks for u all

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will suggest you to perform homogeneous system copy.

Check guides on http://service.sap.com/instguides.

Also, Check SAP Note 870863 - Hom. or Het.System Copy SAP NetWeaver 2004s

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny Pahuja ;

Thanks for ur reply , but the problem is the OS is not running. how can i copy the system without login to the OS and make the copy procedure through the SAPinst. ?

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Islam,

Please check with your Computer hardware team to see if data can be recovered from crash hard disk or no. If no, you can't recover. You need to install fresh system.

If Hard disk data is recoverable, attach hard disk to new server. Install Winodws and SQL Server and do Homogeneous copy suggested by Sunny.

- Digesh Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks digeshjoshi

the data is already recovered , i ve all the folders even the USR folder for SAP, what am thinking about is , Can i install new system with same parameters and copy the old files instead of the new one and up the system.

BTW , I tried this b4 (SAP on Oracle) and it worked, but i donno about the SQL server :S.