cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEEBURGER/MSGSPLITTER: There is no attachment to split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on a scenario to pick an EDI file from a specific location and update it's data in our backend system.

While trying to pick the EDI 997 file, we are getting the error "SEEBURGER/MSGSPLITTER: There is no attachment to split". The scenario is working fine for the other EDI signals like 850, 855, etc., but when we try to fetch the 997 file, we are getting the above error.

The mappings are deployed correctly in the system and the message splitter configurations are created in the Seeburger Workbench. In the communication channel, we have given the BIC mapping name as "AUTO" and even we tried giving the name of the 997 E2X mapping. But, still it says there is no attachment to split.

Please provide your valuable inputs that might help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Hari,

As my understanding you are receiving the acknowledgement from customer and updating it in your R/3. While testing your files need a new line character at the end of the file. Put one new line (Press enter button at the end of the file) and save it. Test now. It will work.

Regards,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For all other scenarios like 850 ,... validation will be done and generates an Ack messages i.e 997 Message along with original paylaod... in case of 997 i dont think validation will be done against 997 as 997 itself is a validated message ...as a result no attachment gets generated ...and you will be seeing the message there is no attachment to split...

May be if you have access to BIS mapping tool then test the mapping See_AnsiX12 with your 997 as input message..

I hope you are using common channel for all the EDI message right ?

HTH

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Dec 17, 2009 11:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

you will get the message "There is no attachment to split" if the BIC module in your configuration has not created any output.

I guess you have a scenario like: Classifier Module -- BIC Module -- Message Splitter.

If you receive an 850 message for example, classifier will tell you it's ANSI and BIC will execute the corresponding Mapping which creates your 850_XML message. Message Splitter will then split your 850 message.

If the splitter says "There is no attachment to split", the the Bic Module did not create a 997_XML for your 997 Message.

You should check your Adapter Audit Log and verify if the Bic Module has created any XML outputs. You can also create a Logfile for the BIC conversion, if you use the parameter "logAttId".Then a logfile is added to your XI/PI payload and you can check if BIC creates any outputs (Communication Channel Monitoring or Message Monitor).

regards,

Daniel