cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_EXTREQ_TRANS results in serious application error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SRM7 in a Classic scenario with Plan-Driven-Procurement with Plant Maintenance - essentially we have external requirements coming from ERP into SRM for Sourcing and want to create the follow-on document in ERP.

The settings for the PDP scenario are all completed, with document type ECDP set against the attributes for the entry channel with an RFC user assigned. All other settings are complete, including in ERP.

When I run BBP_EXTREQ_TRANS, it picks up the requisitions and creates an entry the outbound queue in ERP, but with a serious error. When I check the application log in SRM, I have an error message: Document type for determined backend system missing.

I have checked all the settings and document type ECDP is created with correct assignment to organisational structure and number ranges etc, so not sure where it is going wrong!

Thanks for your help,

Monica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

You could try to debug the external requirement transfer.

Once the PREQs are available, do the following:

1. Go to table EPRTRANS -> take the PREQ number.

2. Go to SE38 -> BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER -> F8 -> provide PREQ -> /h -> F8.

3. Go inside FM BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER ->

4. Go inside perform transfer_package ->

5. Go inside Perfrorm Send_pr_to_procsystem ->

6. Clear lv_qrfc = '' -> goto inside FM BBP_BC_EXTREQ_INB ->

7. Go inside Call FM API_FUNC_NAME -> set breakpoint at FM's

BBP_PD_SC_CREATE, BBP_PDPRC_UPDATE, and proceed further, checking if any error or exceptions are raised.

Kind regards

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for your suggestion. However I have hit on a problem - when I attempt to go into FM BBP_BC_EXTREQ_INB I get a message that it does not exist. I am not sure what to do at this point!

Regards,

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

The FM will exist in the destination system i.e SRM system , check during debugging if the RFC destination is properly filled.

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help with this Iftekhar.

For those of you who are interested, in this scenarion (PDP with Classic), you should not define a value for the attribute for Direct Material in the org. structure.

After deleted all entries for this attribute I was able to create the requirement in SRM without error.

Answers (0)