Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger syntax rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have an EDI 322 V4010 the segment Q5 has the following rule

P0304 : If either Q503 or Q504 is present, then the other is required.

But when i suppress value for Q504 seeburger not show me any issue about it....i suppposed that seeburger also validate this rules...maybe something is missing or maybe seeburger dont do that....

any answer, please??

lpbuff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to check the XML schema of that message and version type to know whether it is optional or mandatory at seeburger level

for knowing this check that segment attributes for the xsd provided by the Seeburger..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

i check also the property in seeburger setInputSyntaxLevel and is on 2 also i test in three but this not validate it...

Or what other option do you mean?

Thanks

lpbuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

is a conditional rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lpbuff,

I mean check that particular element/segment is mandatory or optional in Seeburger..

if it is set as optional i dont think it will not validate and if it is mandatory then it will throw an error

for e.g in case of ANSIX12 EDI data I01 field at ISA segment is mandatory and if there is no value passed for that filed then seeburger mapping will throw an error

similar check your source structure that your required field is mandatory or optional

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

well these values, both are optional but it is not the problem.....exist a syntax rule in EDI structure, it 's a conditional in the standars for EDI...it says P0304 : If either Q503 or Q504 is present, then the other is required.

If you go to the segment and see the properties in the BIC tool it says that....so I suppose...that should be a message that told me that is not correct to have value Q5/03 without Q5/04....

i think that also seeburger validate it? or why they have the Rule if they are optional...?

thanks,

Lpbuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any answer?.....if seeburger validate syntax rules like EDISIM.

Regards,

lpbuff