cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tr. SARA and grey reload item menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I note that not for all objects the Reload menu item in tr. SARA is accessible . For example, when i choice MM_MATNR object the menu item Reload is grey in SARA. Why?

Does it mean that if Reload menu item is grey then we cannot reload back archive data in SAP system? we are afraid of accidental data losses during archiving.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reloading data from archives has to be done with the intervention of SAP.

If you require data to be reloaded open an OSS message.

Regards

Juan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for answers. We think that a preferable way is using of data warehouse solution for historical reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

I suggest you to ask your ABAP to create Z-program for your financial report. This z-program reads data from archive by means of ADK.

We have done it well this way and everything seems no problem today, since we have doing archive for almost all modules, and several archiving objects : CO_ITEM, EC_PCA_ITM, FI_DOCUMNT, MM_MATNR, MM_EKKO, RL_TA etc.

Hope it help you,

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. May be You are right.

Another sitution: we want to create historical financial report based on some archive data. How can we do that without reloading back data in SAP system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data archiving is a way to keep the SAP database size under control while complying with legal and audit rules, even to enhance some completed transactions with additional documents.

I believe a financial report would be better served from a data warehouse.

Thanks,

Noe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even when the reload function is active it has its limitations, and as Juan said, it is better to do it after consulting with SAP.

You can always run the archiving in test mode to verify the records to be deleted; archiving validates the data also and won't archive/delete incomplete business documents.

Thanks,

Noe