cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have OPC->SAP directly without xMII???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Presently we have SAP->XI->JDBC->DCS scenario running. Also we have an OPC server working and showing us only real time data of my DCS. Now we want to remove the JDBC and want to communicate directly with OPC and SAP. Is this possible without having xMII in between.I have read in some forum that now SAP directly communicates with OPC.

You suggestion is highly appreciable as my comp is not ready to buy xMII ...but we can use XI (if needed as we already have)

Thanks in advance.

Binod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Binod,

This is always a tricky question for SAP to answer because technically you can but it wont scale to your business needs in the long run and this will end up costing you. My suggestion is to start putting your business case for MII together now and save yourself the trouble later.

Regards,

Sam

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may also make the argument that XI is charging on a per transaction basis (most likely). Whereas MII is volume independent (where pricing is concerned).

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binod,

You can definitely go ahead with XI also but you should understand the advantage of MII in integration with Shop Floor systems over any other tools ..

You can provide user display dashboards as well as other control mechanisms to the end users before posting any data to ERP systems. Even you can provide process oriented web pages with user control to the shop floor end users. As far as cost factor is concerned, you can definitely get MII for cheaper than any other tools / mechanism.

MII provides a lot than simply data integration ...

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possible, yes, but HIGHLY ill-advised...particularly if you are not already implementing PP/PI and PI/PCS (and PI sheets). The cost and effort would be many times what MII would cost, for an inferior and less customizable solution.