Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI on Macs under Bootcamp

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are quite a few messages on this forum telling me that SAPGUI for java will not run on the MacBook Pro yet.

Can anybody tell me if the Windows SAPGUI will run on a MacBook Pro running Bootcamp?

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once it boots on Windows XP, SAPGUI for Windows Working perfect with out any problem. I am using since a month. Technically it is a Windows PC, not a MAC any more once it is booted with Windows.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

It works perfectly in bootcamp or parallels

Hans
Explorer
0 Kudos

It should work without a problem. Personally, I'm using Parallels Desktop to run Win2K, and run SAPgui for Windows in that. It allows me to continue using all my Mac apps and do windows at the same time.

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Under parallels workstation though I can connect to the internet but cannot pick up my e-mail!

Former Member
0 Kudos

sapgui is logicaly compatible on Mac under bootcamp.

Bootcamp is only an application to make a windows installation (not a simply emulation like virtualPC)

Once installed a win release, it works like a really PC (maybe better :P).

But i remember that there is a sapgui (java) that works fine under OSX _

I hope in the future sap will try to implement the other sap applications compatible with X.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you had any problems with SAPGUI for Windows under Parallels dropping the network connection all the time? It's almost like an inactivity time-out, but I believe it's a different message. And the time period is too short. MAYBE 5 minutes. I'm not sure our development system even has a time-out, but I know it's not this short. Doesn't happen on a PC either. And I think it started at about Beta 4 or 5. Didn't do it before then. Strange. And a pain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPGUI for Jave will work on OSX, just not on an Intel-based Mac. ("Yet".) I'm running SAPGUI for Windows in WinXP on a MacBook Pro under Parallels Desktop. The is no reason it shouldn't also run under Bootcamp.

Message was edited by: Mark Whitted

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

YA SAP GUI WILL RUN IN THE MacBook Pro,

I HAVE NOT WORK ON THIS COMBINATION BUT IN MY ORGANIZATION PEOPLE WERE WORKING.THERE MIGHT BE BOOTCAMP ALSO.

THANKS

MRUTYUN

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Does anybody have first hand experience of using the Windows SAPGUI under XP (BootCamp) on a MacBook Pro?

Did you experience any problems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I TALK WITH MY FRIENDS ,THEY DONT HAVE WORK ON THIS PARTICULAR COMBINATION AND THEY DONT HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT THE BOOTCAMP,IF YOU CAN GIVE SOME DETIAL ABOUT THE BOOT CAMP THAN I HOPE I CAN HELP YOU MORE.

THANKS

MRUTYUN