cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to send pdf as attachment through email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to send the generated pdf as attachment throught email and for the same i am referring to this blog

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417100)ID1409662650DB01562818410448928630End...

but when i am trying to send the mail using the method given in this blog , i am getting this error

com.sap.tc.adobe.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Processing exception during a "MergeData" operation. Request start time: Fri Dec 11 18:05:24 IST 2009 com.adobe.ProcessingException: PDF is not interactive. Data can only be imported into interactive forms. Exception Stack Trace: com.adobe.ProcessingException: PDF is not interactive

and at the backend i am getting the error as

#com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 501 Bad address syntax

Can any one please help me out with a solution ?? Any suggestions are welcomed

Thanks a lot in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have checked the blog again. I don´t understand why the author uses the "enabled" form. If you need to print something to the form and then send it through email, you don´t need any credentials. At least I would not need anything like that if i use ABAP. I am not friend of Java WD, so I cannot help on the specific coding, but the problem should not be in the licence.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

Thanks a lot for the replies but i didnt need to set the enabled property to true , it worked even without that , I changed the type of interactive form from activex to native and it worked . I too think that enabled property has got nothing to do with emailing of pdf

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you notice:

sentence: Where node email is related to the sending mail part and Node PDF for populating all the Fields of the online interactive form.

in picture 2 under dataSource: enabled = TRUE

please check that is set the same way in you form app. Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply , but i cannot set the enabled property of the form as true as we are not using the licensed version of the live cycle designer . But if i try the example step by step then even by setting the enabled property as false , the pdf is generated and sent through the email and when i am trying to do the same thing in one of my applications its not working . The pdf is generated but as soon as i click on the button send mail the above told error is displayed .

There needs to be some other explaination for the error

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply , but i cannot set the enabled property of the form as true as we are not using the licensed version of the live cycle designer .

There are only license versions of ALD available from SAP Marketplace.Can you please explain this, as there is no unlicensed version as per my knowledge.

By license do you mean Adobe credentials which are necessary for Adobe Interactive forms?

Chintan