Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring BI PROCESS CHAIN with Solution Manager BPMON

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to setup the monitoring of BI process chain using the BPMON

I setup the process chain monitoring using BPmon application monitoring "BI Process Chain Monitoring" (BOBIPCMO)

but than I'm not able to read the process chain names,steps,and variant from satellite system

On other systems,using different application monitor (like PI MONITOR) is working fine

i'm using the latest plug-in ST-A/PI 01L_BCO700 on entire landscape

My bi system is 7.01 EHP1 sp4

solution Manager is 7.01 EHP1 SP20

Any suggestiions?

Thanks

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco,

I have had similar problems trying to monitor BI Process Chains via a BPM. I resorted to using CCMS and selecting the Chains I wanted to monitor then set up a new "method" which sends an email which activates an SMS alert to the support team. You could alternatively create a service desk message on failure if you wanted in Solution Manger as well.

Regards,

Saire

0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

the problem is that the Process Chain monitor is not yet available with ST-A/PI 01L*. Unfortunately the empty hull that you see during the setup was shipped without the proper content. The Process Chain monitor will be properly shipped with the next ST-PI and ST-A/PI combination in Q2/2010.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you want to have this monitor earlier on it could be implemented via Customer Exit in case that you have some MaxAttention or Safeguarding engagement.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

thanks for your reply.

Do you know if also "PPF Action Monitoring" will be available in next release?

I have the same symptom with this application monitor

Thanks,

Marco

0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

for which application are you looking for the PPF monitor? There will be pretty sure a PPF monitor for Extended Warehouse Management that should be working fine. We need to check if the same monitor also works generically for CRM, SRM etc. I cannot answer this for sure at the current point in time.

Best Regards

Volker

0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

can you perhaps provide some feedback on the PPF monitoring? Lately I checked the already existing PPF monitor and it was working fine. Nevertheless the next ST-A/PI release 01M* will contain some reshaped PPF monitor especially for SAP EWM.

So if you still encounter problems with the existing PPF monitor you should open a customer message on component SV-SMG-MON-BPM.

Best Regards

Volker