cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC without importing parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi brothers,

I have encountered problems when calling an RFC (Adpative RFC Model) WITHOUT importing parameters.

It appears to be impossible to call RFCs without importing parameters. Adding a dummy importing parameter eventuall sovles the problem. However, this cannot be a satisfying solution.

Has anybody encountered simliar issues with RFC calls without importing parameters and knows what to do?

Let me know!

THANKS, Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am facing to same situation and the solution is related to the thread,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1677069

Regards!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernesto

It all depends on the signature of the FM you use:

1. If the import param is mandatory, you must provide this param

2. If it is option, you can choose whether to provide it or not.

3. Anyway you must go to SE37, enter the name of the FM
    you want to use and check a) if it is Remote function
    b) the various tabs: import, export, tables

c) in Import: check what is marked as mandatory and what

is not

Anyway you always have to look at SE37 to understand how

the function is constructed.

regard

yuval peery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

There will not be any issue in calling a RFC without input parameters. Please post what issue are you facing while executing this BAPI. Try executing directly from backend once and see whether it gets executed properly there or not.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

there should be any problem if the rfc has the import parameter or not , its not mandatory .

you provide import parameters for the RFC depending on the functionality you require,

as when you provide some input to the rfc and rfc gives you the result , then there is case of import parameters ,

or else you can directly execute the rfc and fetch the data from the rfc table .

have you tried checking the rfc in the backend how its behaving .