cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EP Java vmware trial on Linux problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is my first post in the community so kindly inform me if there are some rules that i need to follow. Now getting to my problem.

I downloaded SAP Java trial vmware on suse linux. I extracted every this in one folder and ie all java trial rar and suse linux rars. When i start the virtual machine it starts and i press alt+f2 to see back ground processes.

After starting central instance and SCS it just keeps on showing various processes screen with port number 4076 in the last. And after sometime a blank screen with a underscore is present without any data on the screen.

But when i tried ABAP + Java trial version it started and worked fine. But i want only EP to practice.

My laptop is AMD core 2 duo with 2 gb ram.

If i have provided less info or you want to know some other details kindly post. Any kind of guidance is very valuable to me.

Regards,

Elnino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go through the below document and check your settings as per.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/4016f0d2-e7e2-2a10-3995-f41cafec9951&override...

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoga,

Thanks for the pdf it is very helpful. I have checked all the prerequisite and fulfilled them. As abap + java vmware trial is working fine on my system so it means that prerequisite are done at my end.

Regards,

Elnino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elnino,

By your post, i understand you have installed the EP on VMWARE and you are not able to start it properly.

If this is the case, then check the logs under /usr/sap/<SID>/JC00/work directory such as dev_server<x>, std_server<x>.out.

Please post the same.

Cheers....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Actually i am not even getting the login screen of Linux where i have to login using root. So i am unable to check anything.

Basically all instances gets started when i see the details using alt+f2 but after that it just shows several processes in list format and others and does not move forward.

I would post screen shot if possible.

Thanks for the suggestion and please continue your help.

Regards,

Elnino