cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Property not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on existing WDJ application. I have to enable and diable few fileds depedning some functionality. But when i tried it is not working.

What i did is --

Created attribute of name FlagForFL and made its type as boolean. At runtime depending on the condition, i am setting its value to true or false.

But it is always true. When i printed the value of the attribute its is false but still it is enabled.

Apart from this is there anything that i should do.

Thanks

Supriya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is resolved, i sued a different methodology to the same.

Finally it worked.

Thanks for all the help.

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Can you provide more detail means you are setting which UI's which property to true or false and how you are accessing it..?

Regards

Jeetendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am binding the boolean attribute to the Ui element's enable property.

Depending on true false it should be enables and disabled respectively.

But it always display in enable state. Though i set the attribute value to false.

Any help?

thanks

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

May i know bold which UI bold.?

Regards

Jeetendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The UI element i am using a inputfield.

Thanks

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure you must have done this but let me state this once more;

Along with the binding chack the mapping also.

Maybe you havnt done the mapping betwee Controller and view

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

What mapping between view and controller. Can you ellaborate.

Thanks

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

You should bind the read only property of Input field if it is not a very special requirement for binding the enable property with boolean attribute.

Regards

Jeetendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am assuming that you are checking the condition for enabing or disabling in the component controller.

If you are doing so, then you must be having your boolean attribute both in the controller and the view.

Check if the mapping of your boolean attribute has ben done between controller and view.

If you scenario is different, explain it here and ill try to help.

Also make read only property of your input field as true or false

Regards,

Himanshu

Edited by: Himanshu K on Dec 11, 2009 5:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

I have 6 tabs in tabstrip. Among these tabs there are common UI elements. which i am dispalying using visble and non - visible property depending on the request.

On load of application, i have to check the request comes from which channel, that tab should be selected automatically.

The fields in the selected tab, should always be enabled and in another tab these fields should be disabled.

For this i have written the code both in wDonInit () and onActionClickTab() whcih gets called when ever a tab is selected.

When application is loaded, it works but when i click on the tab, the diable ment is not happeing.

And i am all this in the view itself and controller in place.

I tried using readOnly property by which it automatically becomes read only and never will change.

require ur inputs.

Thanks

Supriya.