cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Statistics Update - Problem

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had performance problem yesterday with FI report FAGLL03, it timed out in online execution and in background mode it took 5000+ sec to execute. Result was no more than 100 records.

Later with some investigation problem drill down to index usage of table FAGLFLEXA. We then updated the index statistics of table from DB02. After that report worked fine with execution time of 10-15 sec for same set of input.

However user, in morning , was complaining again about performance problem with same report FAGLL03. We did that update index statistics again and as it was the case yesterday it fixed the problem.

Later today I checked SQL server the job SAP CCMS_xxx_xxx_Update_Tabstats, which I guess is updating index statistics daily at 0400 hours, is working fine. I can't see any error log there. Daily job to check database consistency is also not reporting anything.

Anyidea what could be going wrong.

Basis Consultants are looking into problem however I am putting this case here if anyone of you had same problem and fixed it.

Thanks,

Pawan.

Edited by: Pawan Kesari on Dec 11, 2009 4:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Appears the stats are dropped eveytime the job runs @04:00

Have a look at the table DBSTATC in trx: DB21 to see if it's setup to dropped the stats..

Mark

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for you response.

We are using Microsoft SQL Server 2005. I guess DB21 does NOT work with sql server.

I am getting error message 'Database system not supported for this function' in DB21.

Edited by: Pawan Kesari on Dec 11, 2009 4:47 PM