cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a variable in Adapter Module and read it during message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

is there any way, how I could set some variable and store its value during the adapter module processing and read back this value in message mapping and use it? Without using a database or files.. I mean, some j2ee storage or something like that..

Thanks for your help,

Olian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can even store your own (custom) variable in the DynamicConfiguration container w/o coding any adapter module ...

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for your answers.. just a clarification, what the problem is.

I need to validate a message in the adapter module, if it's digital signature is valid. If it is, I need to send back to the sender a return code (message) OK, otherwise ERROR. I can't modify the message (or dynamic configuration) as I'm using a WSS in the sender channel. The system doesn't allow me to change anything in the message, so I can't find out in the mapping what the validation result was. I then tried to do the validation directly in the message mapping, but I have some issues there with libraries or what, because the validation code, which works in the adapter module, doesn't work in the mapping java class. So my final thought was maybe I could validate the message in the adapter module and pass the result to the message mapping and then create an appropriate return message (in the mapping). However, I see no way of passing a value there. I'm stuck and have no Idea how to resolve the problem. Any hints guys?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

After the digital code validation in the module,why dont you create the required target structure , with corresponding OK or ERROR message in the module itself. If you can do this, the only thing is to directly make use of the generated xml (from the adapter module) in the message mapping.Hope, this works.

Regards,

Swetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't modify the message as my WSS is enabled in the sender CC.

Olian

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is a custom module then why not customize your module to stuff the value in one of the fields of the incoming message itself....or concatenate it in any node and then retrieve it ......the storage that you are talking about may not be possible/ available.

Regards,

Abhishek.