cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification in Charm with several status changes

laura_mathes
Explorer

Hello,

according to OSS 1275036 I tried to implement email notification in my Charm-process using BADI AGS_SDK_SCHED_ST_CHD in my schedule condition. If a new partner is responible in Charm-process, this partner should be notified by email. The email should be send if user status is changing.

It still works for my change request (notification of change manager) and the first step of my change document (notification of developer). But for all following steps (e.g. notification of tester) no action for email-notification is found in my change document.

In my actions I only use schedule conditions (according to OSS) and no start condition. To use the BADI for several user status, I maintained my user status in field value instead of inital value.

Does anybody know, how to use this BADI for several status changes in my change document?

Thanks,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

laura_mathes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I solved my problem by using CRM Standardcustomizing. Forgot SAP note 1275036 and 865619. They are all bad and not sufficient for a complex Charm scenario.

I only used note 1275036 for the first mail in my change document (email to developer). For all following mail notifcations I'm using actions based on workflow conditions instead of BADI.

Just using normal CRM-Customizing and create one schedule and start condition for every used action.

E.g. send mail to tester:

schedule condition:

&Servicevorgang CRM.Anwenderstatus& [*] E0002+DHFHEAD

and &Servicevorgang CRM.ErrorFreeFlag& = X

start condition:

&Servicevorgang CRM.Anwenderstatus& [*] E0004+DHFHEAD

and &Servicevorgang CRM.ErrorFreeFlag& = X

This works perfect, because you won't get several mails for one status if you save your document more than one time, which is a problem with note 865619.

Regards,

Laura Mathes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried the same like giving scheduled & start conditions . But i couldn't get any mails delivered. Can u help me out by getting me a screen shot of what u have done.... And also i need to know about what have u done in the work flow for this....i mean how to create a work flow relating or linking the actions to it... Please help me with it.....

Thanks & Regards,

Joe.

laura_mathes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo,

please give me your mail adress to send some screenshots. Which transcaction type did you use? What do you want to do in detail, because that's important for your schedule and start conditions.

Regards,

Laura

0 Kudos

Laura,

Would you be willing to send me print screens also. I have configured CHARM and I am using action type SDHF and SDMJ and I am having difficulting in setting up the auto email.

Thanks,

Tania Burningham

<<Email address removed>>

Edited by: Matt on Jan 13, 2011 5:12 PM

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you need to exchange information via email, please maintain your address in your business card. Email addresses are not permitted in the forums.

Regards

matt

former_member289072
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

daniel_rothmund
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

for this problem I have done a copy of BADI. And then I have change the implementation to my own.

I Think the best to learn what the BADI doing insert a Break Point.

Regards

Daniel

laura_mathes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

thanks a lot for your answer. Seems as we work at the same things in Charm process

I've also got the idea of copy the BADI. But I thought, that it has to go easier. So I send a support message to SAP. They couldn't help and told me to open a thread inside here. Nice support!!!

So it seems that there's no better way than copy the BADI.

Do you have some further informations how you`'ve changed the BADI? Just copy it a often as you want to send a mail notification so you can use one BADI copy for each status?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Laura

daniel_rothmund
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Laura ,

I think your problem works with the standard badi , too.

For Example :

Email to Developer

USER_STATUS

[1] = E0009

[2] = E0002

USER_STATUS_OLD

[1] = E0004

[2] = E0012

only "Einplanbedindung". In my own BADI I have an user check that only the current editor see the actions.

Regards

Daniel

laura_mathes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

thanks for your fast answer. I will try this possibilty.

Regards,

Laura

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

In this case, don't we also have to enter BERSL values along with the User_Status value? For example, in the table TJ30 there are several entries E0002. How would the Action know which one to pick up? So if i want User_Status for SDCR, shouldn't the value be E0002SDMJHEAD ?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

laura_mathes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

you are not able to enter BERSL in Customizing, because there's not enough space (only 5 digits). By the side, if you want SDCR, you have to use SDCRHEAD.

It's no problem, that there are more than one value for every status in TJ30, because you define every action for your action profile, e.g. SDCR_ACTIONS.

A bigger problem is, that the values, that you've entered for one action profile will occur in every other action profile in which you use the same BADI. So today I will try to copy BADI.

Regards,

Laura