cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External reference Number in the support Desk message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

We are using Solution manager for the service desk scenario.

I have a Query as how to maintain the exterenal reference number in the Support desk Message Transaction type(SLFN).

Presently it is a free field accepting any value/description entered in it. But my requirement is to maintain a drop down with a

selection criteria.

I have checked the settings in SPRO wherein I follwed the path

Customer realtionship Management -> Basic Funtions ->External references.

Here I was able to create the external references and reference profile but I'm not able to locate the field in a trasaction type

to attach this profile(assign reference Profile to transaction type).

Please let me know if i'm actually following the right path and please help me out with your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for the reply. So I will be tring other options for this requriement.

regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Could you please help me on this. Or let me know whether the requirement can be fulfilled or not. Request a reply so that I can park it or do the necessary changes to complete my requirement.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Srinivas

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srini,

I was busy so replying a bit late

Anyway...wht u want is not posible becoz this is a field used by the system or it is filled by the sytem.

so you can use this like u hav mentioend before so ....either u use category or subject field

or you can create new fields using EEWB

I hope it is clear now.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Could anyone suggest me on this. I'm eagerly waiting for your suggestions.

Thank's in advance.

regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Thank's in advance.

regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Thank's in advance.

regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks a lot for the immediate reply. I'm not aware of the 2 parts of the service desk.

However I'm sorry I coudnt get the point you mentioned from the message. I feel I didnt explain my requirement correctly.

Please dont mind me explaining the problem once again.

In the support message we have a field 'External Reference Number'.

I would like to use it for capturing the numbers in drop down as 10,25,50,75 & 100.

I would like to know if this is possible with a configuration?

I have gone through SPRO - customer rlation ship management ->external references .

here I have defined the Ext.Ref as 10,25,50,75 & 100.And the reference profile as 'ZPER'. When i tried to Assign the reference profile to transaction type' I couldnt locate the field to do so.

Whether this config doen is related to the exterenal reference number in the support message or not?

I donot want to assign a number range but a selection in this field.

Please suggest if I'm not following correct path or my requriement cannot be done?

Wish to see your suggestions.

Thank you!

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I followed the instructions, maintained new number ranges with external flag set. Assigned it in the external number range in transaction type SLFN. But this hasnt resolved my issue.

I was looking for the 'External Reference Number' in the support Message. There was no drop down available in the support message after doing this.

Correct me pls if I'm wrong .By assigning the external Number ranges we are giving a new set of number ranges for the trasnaction type,it may not be related to the external reference number.

Could you please suggest where I went wrong.

Thank you!

Srinivas

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas

You do not have to fill this no.

Are you aware there are 2 parts of service desk message

1.CRM Part

2 Basis Part

therefore actually u need to have 2 no ranges

Now when you have a single transaction or SLFN it has got 2 no one is internal no and other one is external no.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srini

please goto SPRO -- Customer relationship managemnt --- transactions --- Basic settings --- define number range from here select "Number Ranges for Service Processes" and create number range with flag on external"

number range object is " CRM_SERVIC "

now you can see in drop down

hope this solves your issue

Anil