cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Key Pair certificate into KeyStorage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we have a certificate which was not generated in KeyStorage which we need to import for using with SSL connections.

We properly run the Load command into ssl_services entry and the VA requests a password. The certificate was enctrypted with no password and the provider advised us that we didn't need to provide a password to the application and still it would be imported normally. But in XI it doesn't accept the certificate.

I've had this same problem importing the certificate into Mozilla Firefox: it also doesn't recognize the empty password string. But in Microsoft Internet Explorer (actually, in Windows, double-clicking the certificate file) the import goes normally, when we write nothing in the password field.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance,

Henrique.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No solution.

We had to export from Internet Explorer with a password for it to work in KeyStore of Web AS Java.

Best regards,

Henrique.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error message was "BadPaddingException: Invalid PKCS#5 padding length: 148".

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

May be user mapping problem..

There is one SAP note talking abou this in EP.. Not in XI.

May give some hints-750779

Just one more thing can check password once.. so that you can make sure that problem is only with Password..

Regards,

Moorthy

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Moorthy.

As I said, I've already imported it successfully into Microsoft IE without providing any password. But I don't think it's a matter of password: there seems to be a problem with .NET<->JAVA incompatibility. But it's just a guess.

About the user, I don't think that's the case because the import task was performed by the Basis team people, and all of them have SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role.

I'll check out note 750779.

Thanks again,

Henrique.