SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Status/Closure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need some help understanding what is the best way to handle store closing.

Scenario A - We do not want DC or warehouse to ship to the stores that are to be closed. The store still has some inventory where they will either be sold or transferred to another store or returned to the warehouse. We are using site groups for allocation. I thought that the store should be removed from the site group. However, I need to make sure that systematically, it will be full-proofed that users cannot accidentally create STO. So I am not sure if removing site from site group is the correct solution.

Scenario B - There is no inventory anymore at the store. Do I just maintain the closing date in the site master? Or are there any other steps required to ensure that there will be no transaction will occurred by mistake.

Finally, should I delete the store from the assortment (listing)?

If anybody can direct me to any documentation to read, that will be great.

Appreciate any help.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry

You can block the site by assigning a Blocking Reason in the Layout/Blocks tab of the site master. Alternatively you can use transaction VD05 to block it by sales area of each supplying DC.

Hope this helps

Regards

Brett

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry

You can block the site by assigning a Blocking Reason in the Layout/Blocks tab of the site master. Alternatively you can use transaction VD05 to block it by sales area of each supplying DC.

Hope this helps

Regards

Brett

0 Kudos

Hi,

Remove the store from site group to avioid create followon docs in allocation process.(check if you r using same site group for prcing in sitegroup)

Delist the store from Assortment

Set blocking indicator

Before doing above activities process all the open documents(POs, Delivery, STOs etc) related to that store and make inventoy empty

regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Thank you Satish. Can you please let me know where do you set the blocking indicator?

0 Kudos

Hi

WB02 - Change site - Tab Layout/blocks, enter the blocking reasons and from date and to date

Use VD06 to block customer as site

MK06 to blcok vendor as site (normally it will be DC, it will not applies to stores)

Use WB06 for set archiving marker.

you can use the same Tcodes to activate and deactive functions

regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I have a follow up question - Do you need to remove the store from the assortment listing? If so, do we use WSOA2?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi Satish - Do you recommend removing the site from the listing assortment? Thanks.

0 Kudos

When there is no store, better discontinue the store from the assortment,

regards

Satish