Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload element

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to validate the input field of the file upload element. what are the different ways to check for the validations? For eg, if we type manually a path file, what will be the error if it is not a valid path?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a solution for this problem? I can't see any method of Resource or InputStream which can serve the purpose. The bad part is if someone manually enters junk characters in the file name input field (w/o using Browse button), the browser only shows the circular in-progress image. One has to log off from portal. I fear if this endless loop continues, it may even bring down the J2EE server.

This is a very basic validation, and I can't deliver the application w/o adding this validation

Please help! Thanks in advance ...

Best Regards,

-Vaibhav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bobu,

Seems that the only hint is that corresponding attribute of type "binary" or "Resource" will be empty (either null or contains no data). No other validation is possible.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobu,

If you already know the path, then you can validate, otherwise how do you know which is valid and which isnt?.

Please see this thread,

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

The problem here is that path entered by user at <b>client side</b> must be validated at <b>server side</b>. However, if my memory serves me well, browser simply submits nothing if path is incorrect.

VS