SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCES with portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, UCES can be installed standalone (without portal) or with portal.

Can anyone explain when to use UCES with EP and when not to use UCES with EP.

Thanks,

Amandeep Aggarwal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the UCES is the only external application that you provide to the external users, w/ or w/o EP doesn't make too much difference. Actually, w/o EP, the system is more secure. However, if you already has an external EP or you have (or will have) other applications for external users, has a EP can host all of them togather with single UME to manage the external user accounts. In addition, you have more tools that you can provide for your external users, such as KM and collaboration, role based navigations.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amandeep,

Please access UCES documentations in the following link:

> http://service.sap.com/utilities, then choose SAP for Utilities - Product information and from there SAP Utility Customer e-Services and UCES Documentation.

Reagards,

David

0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have seen the UCES documents available in service market place. They do not explain the advantages of using UCES with EP over UCES standalone(without EP).

Are there any specific conditions in which Customers can get more value out of using UCES with EP compared to standalone UCES?

Thanks & Regards,

Amandeep Aggarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the UCES is the only external application that you provide to the external users, w/ or w/o EP doesn't make too much difference. Actually, w/o EP, the system is more secure. However, if you already has an external EP or you have (or will have) other applications for external users, has a EP can host all of them togather with single UME to manage the external user accounts. In addition, you have more tools that you can provide for your external users, such as KM and collaboration, role based navigations.

0 Kudos

Hi YONGHUA,

Thanks for your reply. So if UCES is being used standalone(i.e. without EP), do we have to develop the logon piece from scratch.I don't see any Self Registration , Forgot Password functionality in the standard UCES.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

The self registration page is already there. You have to make a link in the login page to call that link.

Content_edit_new_user_html.jsp is the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Always use UCES as stand-alone application, if the user group is the customer (B2C) and not the business department. Never consider EP unless EP has a strategic target for the company e.g. Call Center.