cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg File to IDOC scenario with Acknowledgment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

In a File to IDOC scenario , how to get the acknowledgment back to PI after posting the IDOC to SAP system and send the acknowledgment to the sender system.

What setting needs to be done in Sap and PI? Is it better if we have a BPM or is it good to have another interface to pass the acknowledgment IDOC back to the file sender.

Regards,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Refer to:

Acknowledgement in file to idoc scenario:

How to Handle Acknowledgments for IDoc (NW7.0)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df56eb

BR,

Dzmitry

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help.Many Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help.Many Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

you can configure the ALEAUD message type in R3 side in partner profile .

And in XI side you add the your idoc mssage type in idx_noale.and then you will get status code in aleaud message type in we02 t-code

Regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Is it better if we have a BPM or is it good to have another interface to pass the acknowledgment IDOC back to the file sender.

This depends upon the requirement at sender side. If you want to correlate the ack with the actual Idocs then you need to use BPM. Otherwise if you need to directly send it across, you may avoid it. In both cases, refer this

/people/mitesh.parekh/blog/2008/12/01/receiving-aleaud-as-acknowledgment-in-ccbpm

Regards,

Prateek