cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please guide me in getting an approximate hardware sizing for an upgrade landscape?

Landscape has ERP 4.7, CRM 4.0, SCM 4.1, BW 3.5 and is being updated to ERP 6.0 EHP4, CRM 7.0, SCM 7.0 and BW 7.0 EHP1.

Performance values of the system are available. I guess quicksizer is for initial sizing and not upgrade sizing. How to proceed in the case of upgrade sizing? Please suggest.

Thanks,

Basisguy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

call your hardware vendor, ask them to analyze your systems. they will tell you what is needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric, for the quick response,

But is there a way this can be done in house? Like, for ERP there are notes released that suggest an approximate increase when going from one release to another. But there doesnt seem to be any such guideline for other solutions.

When performance statistics like DB size, average increase in DB size, response time etc are available, how to go about calculating the approximate sizing?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the upgrade guide should tell you how much RAM/DISK/CPU is needed for the upgrade. go get the upgrade guide from http://service.sap.com/INSTGUIDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

The guides inturn direct us to check http://service.sap.com/sizing which have guidelines for the methods of sizing used for SAP.

The question I am asking is about sizing the project when you already have the performance values. The sizing guides suggest methods to find the performance values but the exact way to compute the target requirements is unclear. I am concerned about CRM, SCM, SRM and BW here (ERP guides have the clear values).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at SAP note 901070, the high value is correct for normal operation after upgrade. However consider the temporary resources you'll need for testing for the project (e.g., copies of production) and the temporary resources for the upgrade (e.g., 50-80GB of disk space).

Regards,

Noe