cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLB calculations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are facing following issue in TLB calculation. One product is there having following data: Base Unit of Measure is EA.

1 EA = 5.44 OZ ( gross weight)

1 CS= 12 EA = 4.55 LB (gross weight)

1 PAL= 1848 EA (154 PAL) = 730 LB.(gross weight)

I have a deployment confirmed order for 1540 CS (10 PAL). TLB profile is defined with max limit as 11 PAL and weight is 7300 LB. When i run the TLB, TLB order is created for 10 PAL which is correct. But the weight is showing as 1540X12X5.44/16=6283.2 LB. ( 1 LB= 16 OZ) Here ideally the weight should be 7300LB but system is showing the weight after converting into EA and taking weight from EA.

If we reduce the maximum weight is less than 7300 LB say 6500 LB,but still system is creating order for 10 PAL as the total weight is calculating as above and it is coming to 6283.2 LB.

Any one come across this issue?

Thanks

Akthar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akhtar,

I am also facing the same issue, so could you help to understand how you resolved the issue?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Akhtar ,

How system calculates

BUOM is EA

TLB profile defined in

Pallet = 11 PAL ( Max)

Weight = 7300 lbs ( Max)

Now TLB created for 1540 CS which is equivalent to = 18480 EA

which is equivalent to = 100531.2 Oz

which is equivalent to = 100531.2/16= 6283.2 lbs.

System has calculated correctly as per your definition .

Now there is a mismatch between your assumtion and the system result .

You defined 1 EA = 5.44 OZ is correct then the above calculation holds good then your third line is contradicting your line 1.

i.e. 1848 EA equivalent to 730 lbs

1 EA equivalent to 730/ 1848 lbs = 0.395 lbs

1 Ea equivalent to 0.395 * 16 Oz = 6.32 OZ

Now can you see on one hand you have defined 1 EA = 5.44 OZ in line 1 and on the other hand in line three you have defined 1 EA = 6.32 OZ ( indirectly)

so kindly make the two lines consistant

if 1848 EA= 730 lbs is true then in the first line make it 1 EA=6.32 OZ

or if 1 EA= 5.44 OZ is true then in the third line make it 1848 EA=628.32 lbs

You need( should ) not mention a conversion factor between EA and lbs in the second line at all if you want to then it should also be consistant with your assumption.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Debsankar Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

When we define the aletrnative Unit as cases, we should take the weight of the case also. Hence 1 CS gross weight= wt of EA + Case own weight. Similarly for Pallet also. We need to inclue the self weight of pallet. 1 PAL weight= Cases gross weight + self weight of pallet.

Now i am planning on the cases in this case. TLB planning should consider the weight of the cases. If it plans for 1500 CS,weight should be 1500 X gross wt of each case. But considering 1500 x 6 x gross weight of Each.

Hope you understand the issue.

Thanks

Akthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any one got this issue previously. SAP says that this is system design that TLB converts the quantities into base unit (here EA) and provides the weight. If TLB creates an order for 1000 Cases,weight should be reflected as 1000 X gross weight of each cases. But it is appearing as 1000 X no of EA per case X weight of each. Similarly for pallets also.

We cannot change the base UOM now as R/3 is already implemented with Base unit as EA.

Thanks

Akthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhtar,

Little confusion....

What is your questions?

1. Why system is not calculating 7300 LB? or

2. Why system is considering EA?

As you have defined BUM as "EA" all alternative UoM will get converted to BUM. So when you place order of 1540 CS (10 PAL) System calculates 10 PL = 18480 EA = 6283.2 LB which is still well within the max limit of 6500 LB or 7300 LB which is correct. You have not yet consumed you capacity.

Now consider you maximum capacity is 7300 LB than create a deployment order with more than 11 PAL and then run TLB system should split this order into two. One with full capacity consumption of 11 PAL or 7300 LB and other partial consumption.

If you want every thing to be calculated in CS than change BUM to "CS".

Hope I am able to clear your doubt.

Regards,

Harshil Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When TLB has created the order for 10 PAL, we expect the weight should be shown as 7300 LB as each pallet weights 730 LB. But it is showing as explained above.

it is not possible to change base UOM.

Thanks

Akthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aktar,

I think in this case you need to review the gross weight maintained.

If 1PAL= 730 LB = 1848 EA then 1 EA = 0.395 LB = 6.32 OZ

I don't see any reason system is calculating incorrect weight....

Regards,

Harshil Desai