cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SLD be installed after the fact

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My boss wants to change which system is the SLD master. The system he has in mind was not installed with a local SLD, but rather pointing to the original master.

Can this be done? Is there an established procedure?

Thanks,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can certainly fulfill your boss decision.

Basically, you can make any system (provided it has all necessory resources like CPU, Memory, High Availability setup with multiple systems) running with WAS 6.40, Netweaver 2004, Netweaver 2004 DUAL STACK or Java alone implementation/setup.

So If you are running with Java then you make that system to host as SLD.

Thus, on your Java use this URL http://<full host name>:<http port>/SLD

Use your Administrator account (If implementation is only Java) or use j2ee_admin account (if your implementation is dual stack)

But, once you decide which system you want to make your future SLD, initially you need to configure Data Supplier feature under 'Administration' part of SLD to sync-up so that all the data in the current data repository migrated/copied over to the new SLD system.

I hope this helps your in making decision and please revert back if you are looking further help on regards to this implementation.

Regards

Sekhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have SLD running on our production solution manager system (SM1).

My boss would like to turn that system into a development system and use a recently installed system as production. (DSM)

His request was made after both systems were installed.

During the DSM install, when prompted whether to install SLD or use an existing SLD, I chose the later.

So the question is how do I get SLD moved to system DSM, since install a local SLD was not chosen.

Thanks,

Russ

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Russ,

Check out this link too.

[/community [original link is broken];jsessionid=(J2EE5212300)ID0718273250DB11511781150445151248End;saplb_*=(J2EE5212300)5212350?messageID=7849356]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

The requirement is not quite clear.

Please Elaborate.

Cheers....,

Raghu