cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need email and fax functionality along with the print for a PO smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am coding for a printprogram to get the print of my smartform.

I also need to incorporate the functionality for fax and email. I want to do it by passing the appropriate parameter values in the function module call for smartform. Please help me with that.

Aditi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check the use of FM WFMC_PREPARE_SMART_FORM in standard print program RLB_INVOICE for coding related stuff.

It will return you all parameters like device, sender, recipient which u need to pass to Samrtform function module in print parameters.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there no parametres that I need to pass in the pribt program? as in the device name or the fax number, mail id etc?

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The device and partner are specified in your condition record. With a type '5' record, this controls how and where the output is sent. The communication strategy on the communication portion of the condition record determines which method of sending is attempted first, i.e., what the priorities are for each delivery method.

If you'll look at a standard program for guidance, you'll see how this works. WFMC_PREPARE_SMART_FORM derives the parameters for the form call...

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Email and fax determination is handled automatically in the communication strategy specified in your output determination condition record. You only need to create a type '5-External Send' condition record and SAPConnect will take care of the rest, assuming you have it properly configured for e-mailing and faxing.