cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET FileUpload component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anybody worked on the SAP PDK for .NET's FileUpload control? I am unable to upload any file at all. I have set the form enc type to "Multipart/Form-Data". It still does not seem to be uploading (PostedFile property of the FileUpload component always returns null).

Anybody know any solution?

Thanks,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

WHat portal version and SP are you using and whici PDK version are you using.

If use the fileuploader control on a portal component there is no to change the form enc type.

Try chnaging the isolation level of the iView to URL (trough the portal content administration) and retry loading a file.

Do you get any errors when you load a file?

Could you please post your code?

Regards,

Tsachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tsachi,

We are using NetWeaver 2004s. Not sure about the exact SP used (The portal is managed by a different group, i have put a request to get more details. Will add it in the next post). "PDK for .NET" version is 2.0

We tried changing isolation level of the iView to URl, but it still does not work. There were no errors. but we did observe the following:

1. adding a fileupload control to the page automatically changes the form's enc type (checked the View Source of the page).

2. As soon as we add a Fileupload control, no postback events seem to get fired. We had a button and a grid (with multiple pages) but i am not able to move to the next page or handle the button's Action event.

By the way, where can i find the limitations of the PDK controls in relation to the various SPs?

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

PDK for .NET 2.0 officially runs with NW04,and not NW04s.

PDK (and Controls) limitation could be found at our central note number 800842.

Adding a fileupload control to the portal component should automatically changes the form's enc type, as in ASP.NET Web.

Did you try using a regular asp.NET file upload control?

Tsachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have tried with the ASP.NET control. But the same problem seems to be occuring.

I ll go through 800842. I will be upgrading today to PDK 2.5. Will be re-trying after that

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still, NW04s is not officially supported.

Tsachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does that mean that none of the controls will work. We were trying the other controls and it seemed to work.

By the way where i can we check about the differences between 04s and 04?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does not mean that none of the controls will work, it mean that PDK 2.0 with NW04s has not been tested and that you might experience some bugs.

Regarding the differences between 04s and 04 in the context of the portal I recommend you post a thread in the portal forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ll check the forum and start a new thread if it's not there already.

I ll be closing this thread. Will create a new thread in case of further queries.

Thanks,

Sachin