cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP import on NWDI Track - How I can copy the contents in a new track?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I've a track on NWDI SP13 that contains a custom compartment and the standard compartments ESS and MSS.

I've to apply the SP19 Java stack also on NWDI Track (ESS/MSS) and I wanna copy the original track in a new track (definition and contents DC/DTR) and after than put the SP19 ESS/MSS Sca in the new track.

Is it the right way to patch the NWDI track with standard BP and custom software?

I've tried to copy the track, from CMS tool, but in this mode CMS create a new copied track with the same definition (comparment, SC ecc ecc) but empty (no CBS DC's no DTR file).

How I can make it?

regards,

Antonello

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191388
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antonello,

Create a new track with SP19 in NWDI and also keep the old custom developed SP13 track also. Then in local NWDS you have import the DC from both tracks SP13 and SP19. In NWDS Web Dynpro Perspective, in Navigator view you can compare both DC and move the changes done in SP13 to SP19 and then deploy the SP19.

Please go through this SAP Note 872892 contains a cookbook to configure NWDI.

I hope this will be helpful.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

it's perfect when you have all DCs in the both tracks.

In this case, I have the second track (SP 19) empty.

Ex: I've the DC A (mediaset.com vendor) in SP13 track. But I haven't the DC A (mediaset.com vendor) in SP 19 track after the copy from CMS.

I can make check-in only of ESS Sp19 Sca from NWDI Inbox but in the case above, it's a custom DC (mediaset vendor and not SAP).

Any idea to make a correct copy?

Thanks a lot,

Antonello

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a new DC in the DC perspective under the SC. You can use import DC wizard in Webdynpro perspective or compare in the Navigator and merge.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've to create again all DC's in custom SC under new track?

I don't bilieve...

Antonello

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karin,

great tips!!!

If I copy the DTR rep, also in CBS compartment automatically re-create the DC's?

Regards,

Antonello

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I know there is no direct rebuild. Initialize the compartment to do so. You can find information in here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/6b/2b62404fb6cd01e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Kind regards

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

thanks again.

Now, I try to follow this way and I'll let you know...

Best Regards,

Antonello

solution_center
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

We're on the same problem as this post, but no conectivity exist between both NWDIs.

Is there any workaround for copying DTR content from one to another?

Thanks and Br.

Pau Soldevila

daniel_noethe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

direct connection between both DTRs is not needed.

The host where DTR replicate is started has to be able to connect to both DTR servers.

In case this is not possible you can use the assembly in CMS on the source NWDI. Make sure that in this case you select "include modifiable sources into archive". Then export (download) the SCA, put it in the inbox of the target NWDI, check it in to the target track and import. With this approach you won't have the history of changes on files available in the target NWDI.

Best regards,

Daniel Nöthe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

solution_center
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all!

We're trying to copy a track contents from one NWDI to another. The problem is the same as yours: Our developers are only working on DTR.

Replicate DTR is not a solution, because both NWDIs has no conection.

Could you please help me in order to copy track content?

Thanks in advanced!

Pau soldevila