cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get portal user name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

our Web Dynpro application is integrated into a portal. Depends on his portal user name he's allowed to see different areas in the application

at the moment we get the portal user name in the Web Dypro application over a parameter in the Web Dynpro-URL.

We grip it in the W_Main > HANDLEDEFAULT. Is there a better way? Cause we have a sequence problem cause HANDLEDEFAULT runs after the wddoinit of the component.

Any idea?

Thanks, Susanne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Do you really need the portal user name? Do you not use user mapping or SSO? Why can't you use the ABAP AS user ID for the person (accessible via the system variable SY-UNAME)? Even if the application runs in the portal, generally you still use the person's backend system roles (PFCG) to control the internal application access. You should call normal ABAP authorizations checks to control what they can access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far I know...I'm not so familiar with this things.... we first used sy-uname but we have to implement this way. There is no SSO. Do you know a better way in the web dynpro application than handledefault-method?

Regards, Susanne

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

URL parameters can only be read in the default plug event handler of the window. No other provided way to access them. I think you should analyse why you are using external ID and not the internal one and the internal roles for application access however.

Answers (0)