cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight not part of inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want the freight should not be a part of inventory. Please suggest how to get it done and accounting entry at the time of MIGO.

Thanks in advance.........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

For freight add another independent service line item in your PO, if not then it will be loaded in your material at the time of GR.

Regards

Sujoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

would like to know few things

is the freight part of you material invoice or it is paied to some other vendor other than PO vendor

If its a part of ur mateorl invoice are any taxes geting calculated on this freight value

In first case u dont have to put that freight value in material Po create other freight Po and pay that vendor saperately

IF its a part of material vendor and tax are calcuted on it then its difficut to keep freight out of material cost

If its a part of materia invoice and tax are not geting calculated than also in std sap u can avoide it in adding in materioa cost

u will have to use user exit J_1I7_USEREXIT_IMPORT_INV_DUTY in reverse way. Or may be some other user exit. i dont know how the things will go but u can try.

Simple use ur consulting skill to convince ur client to add freight cost in inventory.

Important thing ask client why he dont what to inventorise cost of freight and convince him that freight cost has to be inventorised

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

any replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In your case you have to maintain account key and accurals in your pricing procedure in Tcode M/08.

Then assign your accural to G/L Account in OBYC.

Take help of FI team in this.

Regards

Utsav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Can anybody please elaborate me in detail. Actually i want accounting entry( if freight is 100 and material is 1000 in PO.)

Stock- 1000 db

GR/IR- 1000 cr

Freight- 100 db

Freight clearing- 100 cr

Any reply...........

Thanks..............

Edited by: akshay sonurkar on Dec 16, 2009 9:17 AM

Edited by: akshay sonurkar on Dec 16, 2009 9:52 AM

Edited by: akshay sonurkar on Dec 16, 2009 1:35 PM

harishsarathy29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OBYC for the Chart of accounts(COA).

For T.Ev key FRE - Assign a GL account. Freight rev account.

For T.Ev key FR1 - Assign a GL account. - Freight Clearing.

As the FI person for the GL.

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Can you please tell me where i have to put FRE & FR1 in my freight condition type. i.e accout key or accruel key.

Thanks

Edited by: akshay sonurkar on Dec 30, 2009 9:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you have to put it in accural key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

What i have to put fre or fr1 in accruel key. and what about the other key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you have to put fr1 in accural and after that yo ugo to OBYC an assign a GL to FR1 in consultation with your FI Consultant.

now you have to note that we give the posting keys fr1 onlly if we want the frgt amt shall not go to the inventory,

if it has to go to the inventory then there is no need to put the posting key for that condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In addition to above please note that mark the condition type of freight as statistical.

Acc key is useful for SD and accural key is used for MM, marking the condition type as statistical will do the needful.

Edited by: Chandra Shekhar Singh on Dec 30, 2009 11:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marking condition as statistical and maintaining the accural key and GL account for the accural key will not going to solve the purpose system will still post the freight value to material.

former_member681791
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may look into this following link for your checking

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/a8/b99690452b11d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Cheers,

Girang