SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing block of specific insurance provider or insurance provider type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to you all,

Does any one has an idea on how can I block billing of specific insurance provider or insurance provider type?

I can block cases from being block through Tcode: NA30N or NA30 or NA32.

Thanks,

Yoav Bernstain

5 REPLIES 5

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yoav,

depending on the exact business requirements you may achieve this upon insurance relationship maintenance in NV2000. For example, using BAdI ISH_NV2000_PAI_COMPL you could set the billing block for cases with the specific case-related insurance relationship (plus any other criteria that you have in mind). For information how to set the billing block you can have a look at function ISH_UPDATE_NFAL_FSPER.

Regards

Claudius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudius,

The user should be able to control the Insurance provider billing block, it shouldn't be done by

Badi nor function with hardcode parameters.

My solution for that issue is using Badi ISH_INVOICE_CHECK in which I will check a new develop Z table that will contain a list of IP to be block, the user will have access to that new develop Z table.

Can you think of a standard solution such as in FI module for customer in which you can block posting using Tcode FD05 or block for payment?

Regards,

Yoav

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yoav,

I think I need a bit more background information on the overall process requirements to comment on your last question. For example, it would be interesting to know about the conditions for that IP specific billing block. If certain invoices should not be created until something (what?) happens you may consider to start earlier in the process and not at the end (FI posting or even payment). How do you determine coverage for the services to be billed for the respective IP? Is there an active confirmation of coverage?

Regards

Claudius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudius,

A good example is a service rule that is about to be change due to new regulation or a new agreement that is to be settled,

In real life it is always happen just before the massive invoice process takes place, in order to avoid reversing the SD and FI document later on (we already talked separately about the meaning of that action), I prefer to block billing of specific IP temporally until the problem is solved and to bill it correct the first time.

Regards,

Yoav

0 Kudos

Hi Yoav,

You can handle it in the Billing Exit.

Create a Custom table with all IP that has to be blocked. Break invoice based on the criteria. I hope that I understood your question properly.

Thanks.

Raj