Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Web Dynpro Component Interfaces

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm just sure I am missing something simple here...

I have a Web Dynpro Component Interface that is implemented in one development component and it is used by a second development component. At runtime, I dynamically create the instance of the interface implementor through createComponent. So far, so good.

• - Possibly unnecessary background -

In a previous message I complained that when ever I tried to trigger one of the outgoing plugs of the interface from the interface implementing component, I get a runtime error saying that the interface view does not exist.

In that message, I suggested I could create events in the component interface that I trigger rather than the outbound plugs to avoid this problem.

• - End of background

In a view of the interface embedding component, I have registered my use of the interface's interface controller then created event handlers for the events being raised within the embedded component (the one that was implementing the Web Dynpro Component Interface in a different DC). The problem is that I never receive the event in the embedding component even though it is fired in the embedded component. Am I missing something simple? There are a few other people using Web Dynpro Component Interfaces who have posted, but I don't see anyone else complaining about this...

Any help is appreciated,

--Greg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just for the record, see

for the answer to this problem.