Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM7 - eSOA service documentation

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

we're using SRM7 on our testing system and we enabled distribution of contracts to the backend test system using the new eSOA technology. I'm completely new to this kind of procedure; we've seen that the contract distributed are definitely wrong on the backend (e.g. service hierarchies are flattened, service lines have been "locked", and so on) and looking on the SRM system in sxi_monitor tx I can easily check that the XML itself is not correct.

Here are the questions:

- where can I get detailed documentation about this new service, from beginning to the end (SRM creation of XML -> XML sending -> backend receiving -> BAPI ? (I suppose) to create the document) of the process?

- specifically, what's the part of code (FM, methods) in which is defined how to convert the SRM document into an XML file? This should be the point in out task, since it seems that contracts are badly converted into the XML message...

Thanks everyone for the hints and suggestions you might give

EDIT: the problem seems to be related to contracts with service hierarchy... is there feature not supported by standard actually by now? Is there any workaround available? Thanks again

Edited by: Matteo Montalto on Dec 10, 2009 3:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Service hierarchy is supported in SRM 7.0 with the following prerequisites:

1) Your ERP system has to be on ECC 6 Enhancement Pack 4.

2) You must define settings in Customizing for SAP Supplier Relationship Management under SRM Server -> Cross Application Basic Settings -> Service Procurement -> Activate Service Procurement

Check the "Hierarchies" chapter in release note for SRM 7.0 for more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

Did u get any documents for ur problem (Creation of XML messages in SRM). I would be greatful if u could share those with me.

Even I am looking for the same as we wish to configure service procurement using ESOA.

Pl let me know if u have the documents for ESOA.

Cheers,

Nikhil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

you can get some hints from the PDF attachment of the note 1270081.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

PDF attachment of the note 1270081 only gives the ways to trouble shoot SOA services.

Could you suggest some documentation on configuring SOA for SRM - ECC integration., so that we are able to generate the XML message on the source side.

Thanks,

Nikhil.

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

sorry, but unfortunately I don't have that kind of documentation yet.

Regards,

Peter