Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User authorization issue in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am facing a problem with a user on a portal system. The user is not able to execute a query assigned to him,

I have checked the groups and the ABAP roles assigned to him and they seem to be correct.

Intrestingly if i copy the user to create another user, the new user is able to execute the query....

Any suggestions for what might I need to check for this user...

Thanks,

Chinmaya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As the new copied user is able to perform the task successfully, then I guess this issue might be because of the default settings which don't get copied when you copy the user.

Also what is the error message the old user get in portal.Is it like a Run time error? Did you analyze the error through NWA?? Chinmay has already given the workaround but it would be great if we get to know why the old user is not able to perform its task.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete and recreate the user. Faced this issue in ABAP and had hard time figuring the issue. deletion and recreation is best

Rajesh

0 Kudos

I am really hoping to find an another option!!

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As the new copied user is able to perform the task successfully, then I guess this issue might be because of the default settings which don't get copied when you copy the user.

Also what is the error message the old user get in portal.Is it like a Run time error? Did you analyze the error through NWA?? Chinmay has already given the workaround but it would be great if we get to know why the old user is not able to perform its task.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

The error I get is simply "User not authorised to execute query XXXXXXXX "

Thanks,

CP

0 Kudos

Put a trace at the backend(ST01) for the same Old user and check if there is an authorization issue at the backend. Also compare the "Personalization Tab" in SU01 of the new copied user and the old user. If you can stretch further compare all the tabs of SU01 of the new and old user. Similarly compare all the tabs of User Administration in UME of OLD and NEW user. This will tell us if there is any change which has been made in the default settings of the OLD user due to which it is facing an authorization issue.

Hope this help. Keep posting and let us know if the issue is resolved.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

I did check the trace for both the users.. Intreestingly I got nothing in the trace. I compared the users in the backend system as well.. I couldnt spot a difference...When I coped the user in portal to create another user, the query works fine...

Anything that I could be missing... it seems to be a BI query(If that helps)..

Regards,

Chinmaya

0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

I agree with you that ther will be some issue that is the reason user is not able to perform his duty.

But we searched for every single point to spot the difference in the settings of both the users( user having issue and its copied version). There was no difference in settings of both the users at backend system.

I would really be interesting to find out the difference which we couldnt find the last time.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i guess there might be some authorization issue at the backend only.

Regards,

sanketh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see [SAP Note 1222807|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1222807]

> Intrestingly if i copy the user to create another user, the new user is able to execute the query....

This would imply that an exclusion statement has been coded into the query as within the group of users who can start them, only a subset of the users should have a subset of the access... but the authorization concept had reached it's "limits" (at least for this implementation).

Bit of a silly idea if you ask me (in hindsight this is easy to say), although at the time it might have been considered "creative"...

Cheers,

Julius