cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning issues with password changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed and configured IDM7.1+sp3 with our AS Java portal. Most features seems to work OK, except:

1.1. Changing fullname, display name, address, etc work - but salutation or title info doesn't display correctly (only when language independant).

1.2. Can lock the user - but not unlock.

1.3. Can change password (self service or via Management tab) - but password "disappears" and user can't login again via the UI or directly thru the LogonGUI.

1.4. If the user's password expires, he gets prompted to change it - this change works fine.

After "devouring" all the documentation I could fine... I read in the Release Notes the following:

2.1. Users are authenticated by the SAP NetWeaver AS Java (and not by the Identity Center). The password policy of the Identity Center is not used.

= enabling or disabling "password provisioning" in the Password Policy tab makes no difference then?

2.2 The login task does no longer exist since the authentication is done by the SAP NetWeaver AS Java (UME).

= ok I get this part...

2.3 Change of password is handled by SAP NetWeaver AS Java (UME) and the change password task is no longer available.

= so the Password Reset tab is also "pointless"?

2.4 A user's MSKEYVALUE is used as the UME logon ID.

= right

2.5 Password reset is handled by SAP NetWeaver AS Java. See SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Identity Center Implementation Guide u2013 Self-service password reset for details

= (what should I do with this?) I did get this working but stopped with some error about the "encrypt password".

My SAP landscape is pretty standard (no custom fields/attributes) - so the IDM Provisioning framework should work "out of the box" - in my understanding...

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry - duplicate posting!