SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping logic for FICA Documents to FI Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are generating a custom report where FI Doc needs to be mapped to FICA Documents. I know it is on the basis of Reconciliation key that summary records are passed to R/3 from ISU.

For example, for one RKey - 4 FICA Documents and for that 3 FI docs were created on the basis of Posting Date, Document Date & Currency. I know the logic from the Finance point of view ( AWKEY from table BKPF to map FIKEY from table DFKKOPK), but technical is there any field or anything specific where it differentiates when there are multiple documents in FI & FICA for one RKey.

Thanks

Lakshmi

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

I am not aware of any technical field that is saved in the tables to say whether it will be split into different documents. I believe that it is just in the program RFKKGL00 where it splits and posts. I just use table DFKKSUM for the summary record information if required.

Is there something that standard transaction FPT5 is not showing? Also in our system when we double click on the reconciliation key AWKEY in the FI Doc header it takes us to the summary records of the reconcliation key. What else are the users after?

Thanks

Natalie

0 Kudos

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for the reply.

Table DFKKSUM & DFKKSUMC specifies the number of accounting records created for a Reconciliation key but not the exact mapping. I mean which FI Doc for which FICA Doc which the standard transaction FPG5 is providing.

For example

Rec Key FI Doc P.Date Doc Date FICA Doc P.Date Doc Date CUR

20090121 100013556 16.01.2009 21.01.2009 3000002068 16.01.2009 21.01.2009 EUR

100013557 21.01.2009 21.01.2009 3000002070 21.01.2009 21.01.2009 EUR

100013559 31.01.2009 21.01.2009 3000002071 31.01.2009 21.01.2009 EUR

For the above reconciliation key, 3 FI Doc & 3 FICA Documents were created and I could find this through FPG5 but for the z report, we need to provide the logic as which FI Doc will pick which FICA Document. But some how I could resolve this issue by comparing the Document Date, Posting Date & Currency of FI Document with FICA Document and then assign it if it matches for a reconciliation key.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos

Tirupati:

Perhaps you have answered your question - why create a custm report when FPG5 does this already? So des FPF3 and other standard transactions. ANd if you still need it, thenn look at the logic in those transactions which will provide the basis for the custom logic.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

I still don't understand why the custom report is required. FPG5 shows you the FICA document that makes up the FIGL document. So I am not sure what value you add in a custom report. But to answer your question, there is no data stored in the tables that has the direct mapping. If you want to replicate FPG5, look through the code and re-use it.

Natalie