cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sql ResultsSet vs. CMP ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

CMP Beans looks like a nice and neat concept, but doesn't it result in some overhead?

Why not use ordinary Sql and Resultsets and so?

I have two databases (SqlServer and Oracle) with exactly the same structure, and all Sql-statements are in stored procedures and functions. From my app I call those procs in stead of using plain sql.

Well... I am new to the world of J2EE, so all advices are welcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

If you plan to have single client (Web) then Sql and result sets is normal choice.

However, I'd rather prefer iBATIS or even Hibernate, while MS SQL and Oracle are not that similar, and some small change in reuirements could lead to serious changes in SQL and manual updating your code to support 2 SQL versions. So it is better to abstract SQL part away.

CMP is usefull when you are accessing several transactional resources, or you plan to expose middle tier both to Web Client and, say, to B2B WebService/JMS client, or remote access is required.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

[quote]

MS SQL and Oracle are not that similar, and some small change in reuirements could lead to serious changes in SQL [quote]

That's why I use stored procedures.

I never heard about iBATIS and Hibernate. The info I'm reading on the net is interesting. Thx a lot!