cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic retry mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

On the Sap Library, in the page for Processing Status, the discription for the symbol with the green right-to-left arrow and the black left-to-right arrow is:

"Message is in automatic retry mode

There was an automatic restart after errors occurred in the <b>HTTP connection</b>."

Well, everytime I have an error using HTTP Adapter like "ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED" or similar, no automatic retry mode is started.

The status of the message is directly changed to "System error" (Red flag) without any automatic retry whatsoever.

Why?

Regards,

Miguel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may be because of huge number of message processing.

Check these SAP Notes- 706563,906435,824554,783515,910649

Same issue-

Blog- /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Hope this helps,

REgards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

> This may be because of huge number of message

> processing.

No, this happens with only one message.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then I think other reference will resolve your problem. Because for us it happend because of huge number of message processing.

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the replys.

Prashanth,

Thanks for the link to the Processing Status explanation page of the SAP Library, which, by the way, was the one I mentioned on the initial message. I'm glad you were clever enough to find it out.

Now, my problem is not to connect XI to another system using HTTP Adapter. I can do it. I've already done it. The error was made on purpose, I just specified a non existing host on the receiver channel. Why? Because I want to know why is the message not sent to automatic retry mode, as specified on the SAP Library for HTTP connections, but instead given the red flag for system error without a single retry.

I hope you understand my doubt.

Thanks to all,

Miguel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos