cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database instance: You are not a member of the specified Installer group

0 Kudos

Hi,

When I start ./RUNINSTALLER in HP-UX to install oracle, as a part of database instance instalation of SAP, the following message appeared.

"The Oracle Universal Installer Inventory on this system does not exist or is not writable. the possible cause are:

1. The /tmp/orainstRoot.sh script was not executed with root priveleges, or an error occured during execution

2. You are not a member of the specified Installer group"

Mention that I have executed the script by root user without any error.

Requesting your kind help to solve the problem.

Regards

Wahid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this [link|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ACC/CarstenThiele,SAPConsultant,shareshisfirst+experiences]

Thanks

Sunny

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install oracle 9i as required by SAP ECC 5.0. Instance name is PRD as disaster recovery will be tested in that system. In the same time our SOLMAN is running in that system with database oracle 10g. We are planning to run parallel process in same time SOLMAN and DR PRD.

Till now we have done SAP Central instance installation. While trying to install database instance SAP asked to go /oracle/stage/920_64/Disk1/SAP and run the script RUNINSTALLER in HP-UX system for oracle.

To do this I have done the following

a. Logged on the system as oraprd

b. Set up environmental variable

ORACLE_HOEM to /oracle/PRD/920_64

DISPLAY to My work station IP:0.0

and started OS> ./RUNINSTALLER

After some time a window appeared headed by "Inventory Location"

I Specified base directory /oracle/oraInventory and pressed OK.

Then a window asked to run script /tmp/orainstRoot.sh by root user and then press continue

The script run successfully by user root. But when I press continue the following message appeared.

The Oracle universal Installer Inventory on this system does not exist or is not writable. The possible cause are:

1. /tmp/orainstRoot.sh script was not executed with root priveleges or an error occured during execution.

2. You are not a member of the specified Installer group.

Please help me how can I resolved the problem.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So the oraInventory of the Oracle 10g database and Oracle 9 is the same?

I'd suggest you use an installation master to install directly with Oracle 10g instead of Oracle 9.2. That version is already out of support.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using which user login your are trying to install the Oracle???

If your are not using root user then you might get this error. Try by login as root & run the RUNINSTALLER.

Thanks,

Sachin