cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate DropDownList using table content in database on NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was working in a model using the web interface of VC where in my model I am using a dropdown list object, I am populating this objects with a dynamic list that use a SAP_BI_JDBC source system that get me access directly to tables and I can use populate the dynamic list of the dropdown with no problems.

Now, I am trying to use NWDS to create my VC model, but I have a problem on how to create the database connection alike the SAP_BI_JDBC that give me access directly to tables. In this case I am creating a new "Generic JDBC Connection" to connect to my SQL server that contains my data, but that type of connections only offers me store procedures and not table access.

Does anybody know how using NWDS I can create a database connection that I can get access directly to the tables in the database and I can use to populate a dynamic list on a dropdown?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Zareh Vazquez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its linitaion in VC@NWDS for BI_JDBC connection or JDBC connection.

try to do it in VC@Browser only

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Govindu,

Do you know if I can use a "Service Component" for this purpose? According with the documentation I can use other models to populate the dynamic list of a dropdown.

I will try tonight and see if that works.

Thanks,

Zareh