Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Authorization relevant reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in a situation where the following is need to be achived.

1. User will have access based on two analysis authorization objects ( Company Code & Sales Org )

2. The user will have certain access with Company Code and certain accces with Sales org which is driven by hierarchy

3. The user can able to drilldown based on company code with all sales org in one view ( When the user does not restrict the value in the query screen)

4. The user can able to also drill down based on sales org ( When the user does not restrict the value in the variable screen )

5. Moreover the user does not have to give All access to both the objects

Company Code Sales Org Amount

C001 S001 100

C002 S002 100

C003 S001 100

C001 S002 100

-

One View [ User Selects C001 as selection Node in Company Code]

C001 S001

C001 S002

-

Another View [ User selects S002 as selection node in Sales Org ]

C002 S002

C001 S002

-

User Must not see

Company Code Sales Org Amount

C001 S001 100

C002 S002 100

C003 S001 100

C001 S002 100

Any thoughts would be appreciated by points.

Edited by: Nooruddin Shaikh on Dec 10, 2009 12:19 AM

3 REPLIES 3

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is quite big and very basic about hierarchy authorization in BI. I will suggest you to have look in to SAP material B365 authorization concept. A dedicated chapter is the for the same.

Arpan

0 Kudos

Arpan,

Currently with the current sAP BI authorization model the requirement is not possible due to restriction. However this is a requirement needs to be fulfilled. Have you implemented this with any client. Remember, the user authorization is driven by Hierarchy rather than value based.

Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Yes for hierarchy as well there is detail guideline shows by SAP...Like upto what tree level you want to provide access or a range (let say tree level 3-5) you want to put access. All these things can be managed by hierarchy authorization model. Try to explore the material you will find a way out.

Arpan