cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC field length change - truncating between R/3 and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have had a change to the source (custom) IDOC where the length of one of the fields was increased. After re-importing the IDOC from the R/3 system, we could see that the length of the field appeared to have been changed in XI, however when sending test messages it seems to be truncating the field. Has anyone come across this issue, and if so how was it resolved?

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

@Sarvesh: The IDOC segment has been released. I also re-imported the IDOC into XI - is that what you mean by 'reloaded'?

@Chirag: The tcode SXMB_MONI is not recognized by our R/3 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reloaded using IDX2 .

You can alternatively use the Report IDX_RESET_METADATA to delete the data & re-import it....

It is this meta-data that the IDOC adapter uses to convert the IDOC-data to IDOC-XML

-SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> @Sarvesh: The IDOC segment has been released. I also re-imported the IDOC into XI - is that what you mean by 'reloaded'?

No, re-importing in XI is different from reloading the metadata into ABAP stack of XI using IDX2 transaction. So if you have not done this, then this could be the main reason of truncating the length.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarvesh - that was the direction we needed to go. Reloaded the IDOC as you mentioned and it solved our problem.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There could be two main issue for this problem.

1. Either after doing the change in R3, the segment was not released or

2. You have not re-loaded the IDOC metadata in XI.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the data type u have used in IDOC?

Make it to string and try to import again and test again.

Did u see the message in R3 SXMB_MONI and the same in XI?

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data type is a string of length 20 (was 4 before). We looked in R/3 WE19 (and WE02) and could see that the value was longer than 4, but then in SXMB_MONI it was truncated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u see the moni of R3?

can u make it to string 255 and try.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

WE19 and WE02 are essentially the transactions to see given IDOCs which are in the R/3 system. SXMB_MONI is not a recognized transaction there.

I can't change the field to make it longer as I am not a developer for that system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I know that We19 and we02 tcode is for IDOC,

Even SXMB_MONI tocde will work on R3 system?

Have u seen the moni message in R3 as well as XI in input payload?

chirag