cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module changes in SAP from GAAP to IFRS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know from you IFRS experts with SAP if you could please tell me the following

What are actual changes within SAP modules FI, MM, PP, CO SD from GAAP to IFRS?

In addition, what are the actual physical field or option changes that will take place. (I know one is tax, which will affect tax juristicion input, acc in or out for balance sheet fields within FI)

I cant seem to put my finger on any other key changes within SAP, thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<<Hi,

I would like to know from you IFRS experts with SAP if you could please tell me the following

In addition, what are the actual physical field or option changes that will take place. (I know one is tax, which will affect tax juristicion input, acc in or out for balance sheet fields within FI)

I cant seem to put my finger on any other key changes within SAP, thank you.>>

This is a very open ended question. In general all the changes are within FICO currently (GL, AP, AR, Assets are the biggest). SAP R&D is currently looking into enhancements within MM/SD to include New GL functionality.

From a field change standpoint, the biggest that come to mind are:

- Ledger field can be input in FI postings (FB50L) to book to specific ledgers in New GL

- Segment field, which can now be used for dimensional reporting.

Most of the fields stay the same, it's the nature in which they are treated that changes (biggest change: PROFIT CENTER if splitting is activated, GLPC* tables go away and move to the *flex tables).

Former Member
0 Kudos

the short answer is none, the long answer is everything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IFRS is principle based;while some of the existing GAAPs are rule based.Depending upon the business scenario there will be a significant impact in SAP -this will not be just get restricted to the field .

For example,depending upon the risk control and benefit the leased assets can be shown in the balance sheet of either lessee or the lessor.Most of the local GAAPs insists that this should be shown in the lessor's account.Thus It will not be possible to give a generic solution as IFRS is very complex.

Given the above it is vital to understand the IFRS implications before embarking at the field level for implementing the changes.

My 2 cents

Regards

Ramesh