cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS Settings for J2EE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am currently developing BSP applications on SAP Web Application Server provided by SEM. I want to use the same for another Java applications for the same I installed NetWeaver Developer Studio.

For setting J2EE parameters, I gave the same hostname and port number which I used for BSP but it says that "MessageServer not responded within 60 secs". So I wanted to confirm whether we can give the same hostname and port number for J2EE engine or whether WAS uses different port for J2EE engine. I had gone through documentation of WAS Architecture which says about ICM settings but that did not helped in identifying the J2EE engine. Can a BSP application and J2EE engine run on the same port or is there any specific settings available for J2EE engine?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rajeev Patkie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JiriEhrlich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There are different ports for ABAP and J2EE Engine!

What is common is ICM (Internet Communication Manager) only.

ABAP port - see profile in TA RZ10 or TA SMICM -> Services button

J2EE port - 50000+100*instance, i.e. 50000 for instance 00

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

From your ABAP port:8021, your J2EE port should be:52100, try with this port and let us know of the result.

Kind Regards,

Buddha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

since the J2EE and ABAP servers are "physically" separated, they never can share one message port on a single machine.

The message server port of the J2EE engine is normally 3601.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for the replies but I tried giving both 50000 and 3601 but its says Message Server not available. For 8021 which is ABAP port it says "Message Server Not Responded". Is there any way by which we can see the J2EE port just like ABAP port.

Regards

Rajeev