cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent characteristic specifications

former_member244309
Participant
0 Kudos

We maintain dependent characteristic specifications based on material, plant, and vendor for an inspection plan. Each time a new entry is created, the SAP assigned dependent characteristic specs. number (PLMW-ZUORDNR) is incremented by 10. So the first entry was assigned 10, second entry assigned 20 & so on. We are currently at 6810.

The PLMW-ZUORDNR field length = 4, so I am wondering if there is a limit on the number of dep. char. entries we can create? If so, how do other companies handle this?

I have tried to find a setting in configuration to change the increment from 10 to 1, but was unsuccessful.

Regards,

A. Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you looked at the following in config?

QM>Quality Planning>Inspection Planning>General>Maintain Profiles for Default Values

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Angela,

I've worked with Multiple specs before and implemented them at one client but I haven't had a chance to talk with anyone else that has. I'd be interested in finding out more about the issues you ran into and the problems you have had to resolve. I'd like to know if they were similar to mine or not. Right now I'm not the biggest fan of multiple specs the way SAP implemented them. I'm wondering about other peoples thoughts on the subject. With over 680 specs in a plan you must have some experience with them!!!!

Would you be willing to discuss them with me some time?

Thanks,

Craig

former_member244309
Participant
0 Kudos

Craig,

Yes, I would be happy to discuss this with you. I've updated my profile, please feel free to send me a message & then I can send you my contact info.

Thanks,

Angela

former_member244309
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick response! I did initially check this area and after making changes it had no effect. But now I have taken another look and it does exactly what I need. I had thought the profile would be automatically picked up by the inspection plan (maybe defined when the plan was created), but it appears I needed to specify the profile on the initial QP02 screen.

I have also just found that when I am in the inspection plan, there is a menu path 'Extras' --> 'Profile' where I can change the default settings to increment by 1, instead of assigning a pre-defined profile.

Thanks,

A. Scott

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I totally forgot about the Extras area in the profile. Nice catch. Using the profile on QP02 screen and QP01 is what I would have suggested. I should say to that if you select a different profile then what was used to start with, you have the possibility of updating various values defined in the profile that maybe you don't want updated.

Using the Extras area that you found, you can update just those items you need to.

Craig