cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow table is disabled in data manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a problem in selecting the workflow table from drop down in data manager. Its in grey color and cannot select it. I have installed the Workflow client component on my desktop along with console, DM, IM and also installed visio in my system.

Can you guys let me know what could be the problem.

Thanks,

MS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer note no 1300651 from SMP.

AS suggested above the user needs rights to modify windows registry settings in MDM 7.1

Regards

NIsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input nisha. it helped me also

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to select the Workflows table while in Data Manager you must be in Record Mode. If you are not in Record Mode, then Workflows is greyed out.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this:

From menu, Select View > Select Table> More--> and then select workflow table.

This will open workflow table.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cherie,

I am in the record mode only.

Thanks,

MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

I am temporarily able to log into workflow table by the work around step you mentioned but still the workflow table shows as grey in the dropdown list . Willing to know what configuartion do i need to do to be able to select the workflow table from the drop down.

Thanks,

MS

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you get in the workflow table, just check and let us know what mode is it showing..

if it is showing record mode then it means that your Workflow component is either not properly installed or there may be mismatch between workflow component and MDM server version.

Please try by reinstalling Workflow component and let us know the result.

Cherie,

what you said is true, and i am also surprised that even if you are in hierarchy mode or matching mode, you can still open workflow table from view menu-->select. although it doesn't makes sense because you won;t be able to add record in the workflow table in these mode. I am working with 5.5.64.97. May be some problem with this version.

I positively think there is some problem in installation of Workflow component in this case.

Regards,

SHiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one more idea: As of 7.1 the workflow install component is integrated into Data Manager installation. We had the problem that when Data Manager was installed without Admin privileges, the necessary registry edits could not be done, resulting in the fact, the the workflow panels were greyed out. After an Admin reinstalled Data Manager, it worked.

Maybe this could help you.

Best regards

Christian