cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I've created a BI Query and I'm trying to expose the data via VC 7.0.

But I keep getting the following exception:

Nested Exception. Failure to execute native function. Connection Failed: Nested Exception. Native connection to the back end system is broken.

I don't understand why I keep having this error. I've created a new model to call this query but it haven't changed anything.

The back end system is working: I can deploy and execute models calling other queries in the same system.

The query works fine: I can execute it through the transaction rsrt and I can expose the data through the Query Designer.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Regards,

C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tested the 'Data Service' in VC? Is it working there?

Right click on the data service & through 'Test Query' you can check whether you are getting required output or not?

Also, is your 'BI user ID & Portal ID' are mapped with each other?

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your answer.

I've tested the 'Data Service' in VC but it's not working. Can't understand why... The query works if I enter a variable, but it's not working when I execute the search without any input (I don't have any 'required' variable).

When testing with the Data Service, that's the error I'm getting: No result returned or XML returned in the result contains an error

The BI user ID is mapped.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

C.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem may occur because of authorization problem. Is the VC user assigned 'Super Admin' role?

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi C.

Once i got the same problem when, I first created Vc model with data service which is having mandetory variable. & then i changed the same data service with optional variable. I simply deleted the 'Data service' (not whole model) & again drag the same & added in the VC model. This is just a work around but it works in such scenarios. I think this is 'Bug' or may be Patch level issue.

Just try this, it worked in my case.

Regards

Sandeep