Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

statci content refresh on portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

Enterprise portal question here..!

Am deploying static files (html) on my portal under usr/sap/sid/inst/j2e/cluster/sever*/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/staticcontent , we have 1 ci + 4 apps and 29 server nodes total.

So we got to deploy this on all the nodes which is time consuming process and clear cache from Visual admin for each node.

Could anyone shed some light if we can do the content refresh for all teh nodes at once from the main /irj/portal page. I couldnt find anything under system administration options.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Durga.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

The idle method of deployment in case of more number java server nodes and x number App Servers implemention.

stop all App Servers instances and keep only CI online.

Then logon using Administrator/equaliant authorized user

Deploy your content.

Start CI

restart CI

start DI (App Servers)

here CI now takes care of keeping all App Servers in sync with the content of CI.

I hope this gives enough guidence for you to accomplish your task.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

sekhar,

thanks..what you suggested is reasonable.. but can't afford to have downtime on the rest of the app's just for the static content refresh.

rite now doing clear cache on each node from V.admin is time killing..isn;t ther any other work around to sync all at once from system admin options in portal..well ofcourse the original content has to be put in teh appropriate location manually.

thanks,

durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

If not downtime on all appservers, if you have any Load balancer in place you still remove one after one for maitenance work like this.

Regards

Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Dec 9, 2009 5:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

well thanks sekhar..!

will see if any suggestions/workaround from portal experts and close the thread soon.

thanks,

durga

Edited by: durga gidugu on Dec 9, 2009 6:01 PM

Answers (0)