cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail 2 File scenario - problems with attachments in file receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to receive PDF documents via email and send them thru file adapter. Now I have some trouble with the attachments. I have configured my mailsender as follows:

localejbs/AF_Modules/PayloadSwapBean TRANSFORM

sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.app/XIMailAdapterBean mail

Modules:

TRANSFORM swap.keyName Content-Disposition

TRANSFORM swap.keyName Content-Description

TRANSFORM swap.keyValue MailAttachment-1

TRANSFORM swap.keyValue attachment;filename="MailAttachment-1.pdf"

Now what modules do I have to use in my file receiver when I want to write the PDF-attachment to my directory? I already tried a lot and referred to many blogs but nothing really worked. I only get my header information in the output file.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Oliver.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the first Blog describes the way vice versa which is not a problem as the mailreceiver is easy to configure.

The second blog I alredy referred to configure my mailsender. It is looking the same as Michal' one. So I also have marked "keep attachments". In my XI_MONITOR I can see my pdf document as MailAttachment-1. My problem is the configuration of the file receiver. Right now the result of the file always contains the content of the Mail-Message and not the attachment.

Regards.

Oliver.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PDF file as an attachment may not be so simple to read!

The example shown by Michal shows a XML file being send as an attachment and now using the PayloadSwapBean this XML attachment is converted into XML payload....if you try the same with an XML file you wil get the result.....so though you see the PDF file as an attachment you dont get it into the payload.....my take on your problem.....lets wait for experts to comment more on this.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182503
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with and without the payloadswapbean you get the same result?

are your mail comm. channel checked to keep attachments?

best regards