Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance of WD Abap/ Adobe

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sirs,

I would like to know if anybody of you have experienced very poor performance of WD ABAP with Adobe interactive form. Our client has paid for a 2-3 pages interactive form in WDA and is complaining about very poor performace. As a result no users are using this application because of this poor performance.

Can anybody point out what can be a problem? Some developement problem? Basis issue? Any experience related to WDA Adobe performance? Thank you all, Otto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not the author of the app, i am not the autor of the customer task either. The task was to create a WD/ Adobe app. The problem is that the client is not satissfied about the usability of the app, even if that is what he asked for.

I know Adobe in WD needs only extra run-time/ development time etc. I just state that there is a problem. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

so you are using an "online" scenario where the forms is shown on the webdynpro screen?

Why are you not using this as a complete Webdynpro solution? What benefit has the Adobe form in it?

Alternatively it would be possible to use a complete offline scenario and asynchronous processing later on in the ERP system where the performance issue is not so "visible".

What about the "system sizing" of the Java stack that is in place actually?

br

Jörg

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Update: SAP OSS message was opened regarding this problem.

We got a list of patches to update, notes to apply etc. All was done, applied, patched. The performance didn´t get better, it anything it was like extra percent or two, but nothing what would make the customer less angry.

The result: this technology is promising but a) needs strong client PC b) will get better (i hope gets better soon)

Our basis team checked all the times (of actions that has to be done to load/use the app) and the memory need both on server and client. On some client PCs only the Adobe Rader was starting like a half a minute (and more, not less). If you add time for WD, for WD/ Adobe communication and the data transfer, the time to start working with WD ABAP Adobe app can be more than a minute. That is not very usable.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great job!! We have found this the same minute. Thank you for your help, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice idea, I haven´t heard about this note. I will try that later.

Imho the form is nothing special. It uses a lot of dynamic binding/ F4 helps but only for few values (tables like: man/woman and values for dropdowns like this). No big scripting. No crazy graphics. Nothing special I think. But the startup of the WDA/ Adobe app lasts like 40-50 seconds and that sounds little bit too much for me. I am not the author or the app/ form and has little experience with WD, but this sounds not very usable.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also have a look at Symptom:Web Dynpro applications with interactive forms are slow. in Note 999998

Chintan

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at Note 1342859 and see if it helps.

Also what does Adobe form do, does it do complex coding in Formcalc/JavaScript or too much things on WD side?

Chintan