cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form MICR not printing transit, amount chars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MICR Std font in the adobe form and the form is also loaded on printer which has device type TROY MICR.

I can see the numbers in MICR font but I am not able to print special chars. I tried to do that using 'A' 'B' 'C' 'D' as we do in sap-script. Then I tried it with '[or]' '#' '$' and '-' but it just print those chars not special chars.

I hope someone can help me on this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aditya_aghor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just to document the solution, we had the same problem where we wanted to print the Transit synmbol or Branch Bank Id number,

1. Goto MS word

2. Type the numerals 2446 which is the unicode number for transit symbol, press Alt X on the keyboard it will transform the numbers into the symbol

3. Now create a text field in your Adobe designer and set the font to MICR Std, you would see a [] in the field but on print preview it would come out correctly.

Regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please update if you resolved this issue?

Thanks,

Prabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the problem was resolved.

We loaded MICR font inon adobe server.

Other approach is to use the font from DIMM chip on printer... for that we need to upload some xdc file..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I did the MICR font installed on ADOBE server, thatswhy I can see the font for designing. However, it is bringing only the numerals, the special symbols are not working. It is displaying A instead of the special symbol.

Am I need to upload MICR font again in ADOBE server.

Or is there any information source I can get for your next option.

Many Thanks,

Prabha